Hong Hang Pork Rolls Kogarah (salad roll)



name: salad roll
price: $4
(usual) ingredients: cucumber, pickled carrot, lettuce, beetroot, coriander, shallot, onion, mayonnaise, soy sauce, salt and pepper, chilli
shop: Hong Hang Pork Rolls Kogarah; 23B Railway Parade, Kogarah


my order
Salad roll with no onion, shallot or chilli - but a bit of extra carrot please!

thoughts
Yum yum yum. A good salad roll. This store tends to put in quite a lot of soy sauce so by the time I'm finished with my roll I have a puddle of sauce in front of me haha. There was also a tiny bit of onion in my roll which I imagine got caught in the carrots, despite me requesting no onion. Otherwise crispy bread and delicious ingredients. I'm not sure if I recall incorrectly but I don't think they gave me lettuce when I bought a pork roll here? Is lettuce specific to the salad roll? This is also one of the few places that serve their salad roll with beetroot. Beetroot is love. The only other store that I can recall that does beetroot is T Fresh? The cafe outside Crunch Fitness Rockdale. The value for money is great at Hong Hang - if you purchase any roll (other than the salad roll) you get a free bottle of water.

overall
4 out of 5 rolls. Hits all the points a salad roll should be, with the added bonus of beetroot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hong Hang Pork Rolls Kogarah (pork roll)

Hot Bread in Rockdale (salad roll)