Happy Snack Cafe House in Homebush (pork ball roll)



name: pork ball roll
price: $5 
ingredients: pork meatballs, cooked onion, shredded carrot, spring onion, lettuce, mayonnaise, coriander, salt and pepper (possibly more)
shop: Happy Snack Cafe House; 104 The Crescent, Homebush West NSW 2140

thoughts
This is my friend's local banh mi haunt, as well as her usual order. The main thing that stood out to me - as a surprise - was that the pork meatballs were really sweet, and I learnt that there's a shang preference for sweet things which influenced my friend's liking for it. Otherwise I thought it was a pretty standard banh mi, possibly lacking a little in flavour balance because the sweetness overwhelmed the vegetables somewhat.

overall
2.5 out of 5 rolls. entirely a personal rating - i imagine being a northerner somewhat influences how much i like having sweetness in my normally-savoury foods. i still enjoyed the roll, but it isn't really what i look for in my banh mi. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hong Hang Pork Rolls Kogarah (salad roll)

Hong Hang Pork Rolls Kogarah (pork roll)

Hot Bread in Rockdale (salad roll)