Hot Bread in Rockdale (chicken roll)

taking home some deliciousness after gym

name: onion chicken roll
price: $4.50 
ingredients: shredded chicken with onion, mayonnaise, cucumber, tomato, lettuce, carrot, coriander, soy sauce, salt and pepper
shop: Hot Bread near Commbank; 487 Princes Highway, Rockdale


thoughts
I chose a white bread roll today, and it comes with just enough of a crisp outer shell to give a really nice texture to the whole thing, and honestly is something that you can't do without when eating a banh mi. The shredded chicken is soft and the brown onion it is cooked with is juicy. There is probably more mayonnaise than usual, but it's a light Asian flavour that isn't too thick in consistency and I personally like it because it adds some moisture alongside the vegetables. Salt, pepper, soy sauce, and chilli are optional toppings that the shop ladies ask if you'd like and I only add SP and soy sauce because their chilli is intense!! This is my go-to place for banh mi when I'm in Rockdale because it's cheap and lovely. There is a chicken alternative called soya chicken roll which is $5 and comes with shredded chicken that has been cooked in soy sauce; it's also delicious but if I'm heading home I tend to save the 50 cents!

overall
3.5 out of 5 rolls. this is my baseline and i am really happy with it but i know that there will be better out there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hong Hang Pork Rolls Kogarah (salad roll)

Hong Hang Pork Rolls Kogarah (pork roll)

Hot Bread in Rockdale (salad roll)